OP Live Dallas Locks in School Contenders
Upcoming esports event OP Live Dallas locked in its lineup of teams that will battle in the collegiate Overwatch tournament on Sept. 22. The tournament will progress through opening rounds, quarterfinals and semifinals, before culminating in the tournament finals and awards ceremony later in the day.
Overall, sixteen college esports teams will face off at the event, competing in front of pro players Hyeong “EFFECT” Hwang and Min-seok “OGE” Son of the Dallas Fuel and the Dallas Fuel coaching staff led by Head Coach Aaron “Aero” Atkins, General Manager Mat “Tazmo” Taylor and Assistant Coach Justin “Jayne” Conroy.
Teams are set to include:
- Baylor University
- Colorado State University
- Mississippi State University
- New Mexico State University
- Oklahoma State University
- Oklahoma University
- Southern Methodist University
- Texas Christian University
- Texas Tech University
- Texas Wesleyan University
- University of Arkansas
- University of Louisiana at Lafayette
- University of Mississippi (Ole Miss)
- University of North Texas
- University of Texas Arlington
- University of Texas at Dallas
OP Live Dallas is being presented through the collaboration ofeGency Global, a leading esports production, marketing and talent management firm and SMU (Southern Methodist University) Guildhall, taking place at the Irving Convention Center. The event will also include the Bounty Royale Brawl featuring Fortnite, a Hackathon, pro esports player meet and greets, “Powered Talks” with reps from the Dallas Fuel and Team Envy and other esports industry leaders, exhibitor hall and more. Funds raised by gamers during the event will benefit Extra Life, an organization that supports local Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals.