Tempest Awards Winners Announced
Congratulations to all of our finalists and winners at the Tempest Awards, which took place last night at Esports Arena Las Vegas. Overwatch League and ELEAGUE led the pack as multiple winners with Overwatch League laying claim to Best TV Broadcast, Best New Esports Competition – Season or Series, Ambassador Award for On-Air Personality of the Year for Chris Puckett, and Executive of the Year for Nate Nanzer. ELEAGUE, meanwhile, took home Best Tech, Best Esports-themed Program (non-competitive), and Best Esports Competition – Single Tournament or Event. Ninja emerged as the victor for Streamer of the Year, while Fortnite was named Best New Esports Game. Team Liquid emerged took home the trophy for top Esports Team Organization of the Year, while Dell/Alienware won Brand of the Year, and Riot Games laid claim for Outstanding Esports Competition – Season or Series for its League of Legends Championship Series. The evening also honored a special recognition of two legends of the industry who were inducted into the Tempest Hall of Fame: Kevin Lin (Co-Founder of Twitch) and Hector Rodriguez (Founder of OpTic Gaming), along with our Watch List honorees. (For the complete list, go here: https://www.esportsbizsummit.com/winners/ )Other winners:
- Best Social Experience: Infinite Esports & Entertainment for Houston Outlaws – Band Together.
- Best Brand Activation: ESL for ESL and Mercedes-Benz
- Best License & Merchandising Activation: Red Bull for Red Bull Conquest
- Venue of the Year: Allied Esports for Esports Arena Las Vegas
- New Esports Competition: Single Tournament: FIFA eWorld Cup Grand Final 2018
- Outstanding Collegiate Esports Team or Program: The University of California Irvine